Colt Forum banner
241 - 260 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
I just had this 3" Python shipped in...filled out the Marylandstan paperwork for the 7-day jail sentence before I can bring it home. But after I do...this Python is going back to Colt unless they'll send me the part. The revolver looks beautiful except for the cylinder release which has a noticeable chunk gouged out of it...never should have left Colt that way...unacceptable for such a premium piece. I'll call them and see how they want it handled...send me a return authorization or send me a new cylinder release and I'll install it.
Blue Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Just a question. Why did you accept the Revolver in that condition?
I didn't buy it from the FFL holder doing the transfer for me...it's not their fault or responsibility. If the Python was store inventory that would have been a different situation.

Reactions: Burgs and TBone

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just had this 3" Python shipped in...filled out the Marylandstan paperwork for the 7-day jail sentence before I can bring it home. But after I do...this Python is going back to Colt unless they'll send me the part. The revolver looks beautiful except for the cylinder release which has a noticeable chunk gouged out of it...never should have left Colt that way...unacceptable for such a premium piece. I'll call them and see how they want it handled...send me a return authorization or send me a new cylinder release and I'll install it.
View attachment 768644

View attachment 768645
That may have not left the factory in that condition.

It could of happened at the FFL.

I have seen FFL's show guns that are sold waiting to be picked up and maybe a case of butterfingers at FFL.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
I get that it could have...have seen a number of guns with scratches and such that were done by ham handed customers at gun stores. This was shipped in from a distributor to the FFL holder and I was there when the box was opened.

Regardless...I'm going to through Colt. I already called but their customer service line is full...will try again later.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
In my humble opinion recoil below 4” in .357 is intolerable. I don’t even really like it in 4” guns. Too much distracting blast. That little Python with a classic 158 gr bullet in the 750 fps neighborhood is more my speed.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Just curious, as I've never fired a revolver with a barrel shorter than 4", what would the recoil be like with a magnum round?
Awesomely brutal!! Just kidding on the brutal part, sort of.... I started my Law Enforcement career when a .357 Magnum 4" revolver were pretty much a standard issue and carry and shot my fair share of snubs. Today, I don't hear very good and my gun hand has flare ups of arthritis but I still own some and shoot them occasionally.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
You want brutal? Try shooting magnums out of a Colt Lawman with a 2" barrel! Colt engineers referred to that as the "Wax Model" as that's what exited your ears when shooting it.

241 - 260 of 417 Posts