Colt Forum banner
261 - 280 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
I did a web search for "Colt Python 3" for sale" and eventually found one being sold at MSRP. All the others were significantly higher. When I did find it I jumped on it immediately before someone else did.

It takes some perseverance.

I've every expectation Colt will make it right. It is surprising it came that way but it's an easy fix and the revolver is still perfectly functional in the meantime.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Sounds like you need another care package, Bruce -
For being a loyal , understanding, and a great customer !
I would seriously ask in your correspondence .
Nice grab , hope your moving plans are flowing smoothly.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
The moving plans are getting scary...the hope is to move in September but I really have to ramp up getting rid of things here we won't be taking plus getting this house ready to go on the market. Need to stay away from the 'puter except for what's absolutely necessary.

But after two snows last week plus ice...AZ looks better all the time. We'll be happy to leave MD in the rear view mirror.

Reactions: TBone

·
Registered
12 Posts
i did the same thing i found one a few days at mrsp just picked it up today.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

I did a web search for "Colt Python 3" for sale" and eventually found one being sold at MSRP. All the others were significantly higher. When I did find it I jumped on it immediately before someone else did.

I've every expectation Colt will make it right. It is surprising it came that way but it's an easy fix and the revolver is still perfectly functional in the meantime.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Make sure you didn’t order it on coltpython.store. It’s a fake website.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Or premium guns and ammo, they are also fake. I’ve searched non stop since the release and the only people to have one come in stock is shoot point blank, which had one, and grab a gun, which had one. That is it. Triple check to make sure the store you bought it off of is real. If it isn’t, call your credit card company as soon as possible. I promise though, I’ve searched non stop almost 24/7 and them are the only two places online that’s had one in stock.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Or premium guns and ammo, they are also fake. I’ve searched non stop since the release and the only people to have one come in stock is shoot point blank, which had one, and grab a gun, which had one. That is it. Triple check to make sure the store you bought it off of is real. If it isn’t, call your credit card company as soon as possible. I promise though, I’ve searched non stop almost 24/7 and them are the only two places online that’s had one in stock.
Obviously you missed the post (and pictures). It has already arrived at his FFL, doing the State required waiting period to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Here, I'll review it. It's beautiful- get one when you can and put a set of service stocks on to really make it right. Get one!
Absolutely gorgeous

It’s also available here in Switzerland, but price is abt $ 2500

That’s why I buy a lot of old guns, new prices are just crazy here. I can probably find a nice blued 2.5” for $ 5-700 less than that

·
Registered
12 Posts
thank you, yes those grips are good looking, i a 6 in and 4 in as well. On my 4 in grips are the least pleasing they’re more like the multi colored you mentioned

That’s a damn good lookin gun there. I wish colt could give the grips a more uniform color like yours are
and get away from that multi color laminated look. The dark brown on yours looks good enough that I wouldnt need to change them out.

·
Registered
Hoarder of walnut and steel
148 Posts
Just ordered 2 of the 3" pythons yesterday from my local shop and hopefully they come within a decent timeframe, when I ordered my 3 anacondas it took just under 2 months. It's funny because half the guys working there bashed the 4.25" and 6" ones yet at least 5 of them ordered the 3"

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is funny, because as I found yesterday, the 4.25” is a lot easier to control and shoot accurately with normal power .357 magnum ammunition than the 3”. The 3” blast and fireball was truly something to behold, and the sight radius loss was noticeable. Balance on the 4.25 was better as well.

It was just fine with .38 spl +P, but sort of pointless.

I get the appeal of the 3” on a “object desirability” level, but honestly have no plan to get a 3” after that experience.

Mind you I’m a shooter, not a collector. Collector types will love these things.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you're planning on cc the 3 inch with service stocks would be great. Your target rage would be 2-10 yds. and believe me you won't notice the sight radius. I have a 3 inch S&W 586 L frame that woks great for that purpose. Target shooting would of course be a different story

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you're planning on cc the 3 inch with service stocks would be great. Your target rage would be 2-10 yds. and believe me you won't notice the sight radius. I have a 3 inch S&W 586 L frame that woks great for that purpose. Target shooting would of course be a different story
I’m very impressed that you can predict my target range for anything. Can you also let me know tomorrow’s winning lottery number? Thanks!

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,441 Posts
Arguably, the 3 inch revolver is the best possible CCW revolver. It offers a more a efficient barrel then the 2" or 2 1/2 inch, but conceals better then a 4 inch.
In the S&W it offers full length extraction.

The Colt is a larger frame and cylinder diameter and won't conceal as well as a S&W "K" frame, and the Colt square butt can be a problem.

However, the new 3 inch Python looks great and I like it......I really like it.
If I could fund a new Python it might be difficult to choose between the 3" and 4 1/2 incher.

If I could fund a 3 inch I'd do a true round butt conversion, possibly also shortened, and some custom made combat grips.
That would make a prime "Water gun".
That's what an old robbery-homicide cop I knew called a "Water gun" because when the bad guys saw what you were pointing at them, their insides turned to water.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That is funny, because as I found yesterday, the 4.25” is a lot easier to control and shoot accurately with normal power .357 magnum ammunition than the 3”. The 3” blast and fireball was truly something to behold, and the sight radius loss was noticeable. Balance on the 4.25 was better as well.

It was just fine with .38 spl +P, but sort of pointless.

I get the appeal of the 3” on a “object desirability” level, but honestly have no plan to get a 3” after that experience.

Mind you I’m a shooter, not a collector. Collector types will love these things.
I guess some folks really think that the 3in Python has fierce a MB and a fireball. I carry Gemini Customs in 454 this will make your glasses jump on the bridge of your nose!;) I guess it is all about what you get used to but yes most on this site I have noticed are sensitive to MB and recoil.

Material property Font Auto part Personal protective equipment Electric blue

261 - 280 of 417 Posts