Colt Forum banner
141 - 160 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
A local gun shop is going to hold one for me as soon as they get one in. He didn’t have any idea when it would be but I’m hoping with the next couple weeks. The 3” version is the one Ive been holding out on all along and I think it looks awesome. 5 years ago nobody would have ever thought you would be able to buy a new 3” Python.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hmm to each their own I suppose but in my opinion Colt would be better served by introducing new .22LR revolver. I simply don't see the pull of 3" revolver. If I would everyday carry I would choose something from a huge number of cheaper plastic striker fired firearms. Not $1500 revolver limited to 6 bullets. If design stays the same as 4.25" and 6" then rear sights alone would make me notwant to carry. The damn thing looks like in can disintegrate just by sitting in its own box ;P
I’ve put a couple thousand rounds through two separate 4.25” Pythons without a single sight issue of any kind (or any other issue, for that matter). And I am sure Colt will sell every single 3” Python they can make.

What is your personal experience with the Python that leads to your comment about the sight?

·
Registered
399 Posts
So guys I have a conundrum:

I have a 1970, 1972 and 2020 Python. I was going to get another 6” Python for 2022 to have another 50 year difference in Pythons for my 1972 Python but now with the launch of the 3” and the anticipated launch of the .22 Python, what do I purchase? I guess I really don’t need one more 6” Python. I for sure want a 3” Python and if the .22 comes out that’ll be extra nice.

Thoughts?

Travis

141 - 160 of 417 Posts