Colt Forum banner

3” Python

41K views 416 replies 79 participants last post by  BusaDave 
#1 ·
Well, here comes the new 3” Python…come on 3” Anaconda!

#399 ·
The Auction started at a penny…the bidders are setting the price. The seller is merely reaping the profits.

#402 ·
Man, the winner of that auction is going to really feel like a moron (if he follows through with the sale), when he realizes he could have the same gun for a couple thousand less just by waiting a few weeks 'til they're in stock at one of the 'mainstream' online retailers!

#403 ·
Gunbroker is a fraudulent source of valuation. Shills for the seller often drive prices upward and the narratives for the firearms are often lies. "New Old Stock"? - a lie. "Ultra Rare"? It may be the only one with that particular serial number, but it is another lie - it's currently in production.

"We offer one of the best consignment rates on the web at just 17%! This rate includes all fees associated with preparing your firearms for sale. We also go above and beyond the others by featuring, highlighting & off site advertising!!!" - There's a fee for wiping it down? They must charge extra for the use of poor language skills and exclamation marks.

Hyperbole and stupidity are inexorably linked in that ad.

#411 ·
Gunbroker is a fraudulent source of valuation. Shills for the seller often drive prices upward and the narratives for the firearms are often lies. "New Old Stock"? - a lie. "Ultra Rare"? It may be the only one with that particular serial number, but it is another lie - it's currently in production.

"We offer one of the best consignment rates on the web at just 17%! This rate includes all fees associated with preparing your firearms for sale. We also go above and beyond the others by featuring, highlighting & off site advertising!!!" - There's a fee for wiping it down? They must charge extra for the use of poor language skills and exclamation marks.

Hyperbole and stupidity are inexorably linked in that ad.
Keystone does use a lot of words like ultra rare and similar. I watch his auctions daily. There aren’t many if any shill bids ever for his items. Just folks who are apparently dedicated to him and feel comfortable paying more from him than somebody else they may not be familiar with. If you do some digging into his auctions on the bid history you’ll see many bidders are repeats from other auctions. I’m not affiliated with him and this isn’t a paid for compliment. I just think he’s doing really good business wise and giving him a pat on the back for it. I don’t think anyone here would have a problem getting as much as possible for an item up for auction no matter where it was.

#404 · (Edited)
Newest member of the 3” Python club. Picked it up this morning at the Vegas convention center show. It’s the only one I saw at the show - actually it’s the only Python I saw at the show, new or old.
Seller had it tagged at $2195, but I was able to trade into it for about MSRP. I also found a set of 2nd Gen grips that appear to have lived a storied life on the python of a right handed cop. Well worth the $50 I paid.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Sleeve Grey Trigger Material property
White Air gun Sleeve Trigger Line

#405 ·
Newest member of the 3” Python club. Picked it up this morning at the Vegas convention center show. It’s the only one I saw at the show - actually it’s the only Python I saw at the show, new or old.
Seller had it tagged at $2195, but I was able to trade into it for about MSRP. I also found a set of 2nd Gen grips that appear to have lived a storied life on the python of a right handed cop. Well worth the $50 I paid.

Cool as hell. It’s amazing what grip changes do for this gun.

View attachment 773951 View attachment 773953 View attachment 773952

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.