Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
My first double action .357 chambered Colt was a Colt .357 6". It had cold blueing on it and was bought for about $250 back in the early 90's. While I was "cleaning" it up for a "proper" application of additional cold blue, I discovered that the outside of the frame was a matt finish (now I know this to be the dual-tone finish). Upon firing it, I quickly discovered how accurate it was over most any handgun I had at the time. I later acquired the correct full checkered stocks for it for about $30 and it got traded for a mint 2 1/2 nickel lawman after about 10 years of good use(the mint 2 1/2 nickel lawman was sold to a dealer for full blue book price about 5 years ago). I am on about my 4th .357 model and this one is going nowhere now as the word is out and I would never be able to replace it for what I paid.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Nice. Wish I would have jumped on one of these a year or two ago.
Me too!
We stopped in at the local gun shop that I have been wheeling and dealing with for a decade plus, and they had a Colt .357 like this one. The overall outside was not as nice as this one, but the bore and chambers were excellent. I shrugged it off, figured it'd be there, almost called to have them set it aside, and when we went back: Gone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.