Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Authentic Python Label from 1980.

These K prefix Pythons in 1980 were labeled in a couple of ways, this being one of them. If I were paying $10,000 for a scarce Python, I would prefer to have a nice and tidy computer generated label. But, this configuration of Python is rarely seen and this Label is legit. This is one of the circumstances where the box and label might be a little less important for the collector than say a NIB, 1980, 6", blue Python.

Do you have photos of the Python and is this an opportunity for you?

Best of luck.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I was wrong on the Combat portion. I've always thought 3" guns were combat but now know better. I'll post pics in a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
They're worth more than double what I paid, sorry. Guy was askin 3k for the 2.5 and 9k for the 3".

Whew, glad that is your stance cause I wouldn't give you $18k for the nickel! Lol

Now the 2.5, yep I'd double your money!

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Burns on every other cylinder are indicative of only being test fired on this year model. This thing looks right as rain from the box to the gun. A $75 factory letter will add thousands to it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only 23? That's pretty cool. I had read that the 3" guns weren't introduced till 82 but Colt put out a few in the is time frame to test the water. The gun isn't 100% but after I get it home and cleaned up I think its a solid 98-99% only due to some minor swirls. We'll see. Where did the 23 number come from?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Very nice find gun nut ,always pays to travel to the local shows,you never know what might pop up

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.