Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I know how collectible the early Pythons are these days, but I also know condition is everything for collector pieces. I've been playing around with a chance at #306. Everything is right and original. I would rate condition 95%, with some blueing loss around muzzle and cylinder, probably storage and holster wear. No box or papers. My friend has been out of the country for 6 weeks and wants to know if I want it, but his price has gone up since doing a little bit of Gunbroker research. Asking $3500. My opinion is that's about $500 more than its value, but I have also watched some go on gunbroker for much more, a couple recently to forum members. I really just need a few extra eyes to help me tilt the scale one way or the other.

J

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would buy it for the $3500. However, I am totally with you on about $500 over what I would call comfortable buying price. I don't agree on him starting to raise the price on you now. So I think you should seal the deal before he tries to bump it up some more.

It's a beautiful gun and to have an early example like that would be awesome.

Reactions: Docjpo1980

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
You can wait and try to find one for less, but odds are against you. Collectors are buying them up quickly and I do not think the prices on early ones are going down anytime soon. I picked up an early one that is only ~75-80% and paid 2500 for it. I was happy to get it at that price

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
On a gun with a market value in the $3,000 range, $500 seems well within the "tolerance" range of what might be the true market value. I speculate that the gun would bring more than that on GunBroker - probably a lot more.

If I wanted a three-digit Python and had the money without having it affect my life in a significant way, I would definitely buy it and look to upgrade later if desired and possible. The way the market on early Pythons has been going, a three-digit Python will appreciate to cover that $500 in a short time.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All opinions are appreciated. I have to agree with all thoughts, I just needed a little push. I hope to see it this week and perhaps complete the deal. If so I will try to post better pics on a cleaned and polished gun. Thanks guys.

J

·
Registered
479 Posts
BUY IT NOW!!! The question you have to ask yourself is: when will I find such a low numbered early python and in this condition again in my own backyard! Also you have the advantage of seeing it in person vs buying with only photos. Buy it and don't look back my friend. It will only go up in value. If you don't buy it I will!! :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BUY IT NOW!!! The question you have to ask yourself is: when will I find such a low numbered early python and in this condition again in my own backyard! Also you have the advantage of seeing it in person vs buying with only photos. Buy it and don't look back my friend. It will only go up in value. If you don't buy it I will!! :)
Snake, I know you would buy it, I have been following some of your recent snake purchases. You have done well as of late my friend. I intend on buying it, hopefully this week. Let the jealousy abound. :)

J

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Well I wish I could find a $3500 dollar 3 digit PYTHON :D :D :D

My method is buy them all and then cost average :bang_wall: :bang_wall: :bang_wall:

It doesn't always work for everyone but a guys gotta have a plan......RR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.