Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall someone here posted a photo or photos of a 3rd generation Detective Special with a 3-inch barrel. I had never seen a 3-inch with the shrouded ejector rod. I searched back over a year and couldn't find the photo.

I recently saw a 3-inch DS barrel available on Ebay and am tempted to get it for one of my DS's. I am assuming this is an original Colt barrel. Could I be wrong?

If the photo is still out there please post or send a link.

Thanks to all.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: 3-inch Detective Special 3rd Generation-Photos

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it is an original Colt barrel. I was considering it for my "project" gun, but by the time I bought it and the proper installation and a refinish, I could buy something else really nice that would be worth more. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Barrel changing is generally not a DIY. Requires a really qualified gunsmith with the right equipment like forum member Grant Cunningham or company like Cylinder & Slide. Other involved fitting may also be required. Anyway, I will look for the photo, although some have been removed from their repositories. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for looking for the photo.
I may call C&S on Monday and see how much it might be to do the job. When you were considering it was it pretty costly?

·
Registered
62 Posts

I would highly recommend Grant Cunningham. The work he did for me on a 1931 vintage DS was very well done. His work is reasonably priced. He specializes in Detective Specials. Check out his website at www.grantcunningham.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts