Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3\" Nickel (this time with photo!)

Here we have a Detective Special in nickel with the not so common 3" barrel. When was the last time you ran across one the these?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: 3\" Nickel (this time with photo!)

Love it. One of those would be a nice complement to my 2nd issue. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Love it! I have one just like it in blue.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am new to this forum but your picture of a very nice DS has drawn my first reply. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts

VERY VERY Nice!
Does anybody know how many 3"ers were made? Let alone nickel?

·
Registered
689 Posts

I am invious…

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

cowboymocha, thanks for giving me your 1st reply. And let me be the 1st to welcome you to the forum! Hopefully there will be enough interesting and diverse action here to warrant new folks such as yourself to participate and stay.

Thanks for joining and thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

SA99054, I have no idea how many DS's were made in 3" yet alone 3" nickel. Two of the guys here (Dframe and shel49) both have a 3" in blue, so as a forum we have pretty good representation on that particular gun. Meaning they are found here in our collective collection.

I have sought a 3" blue for a while now and just don't seem to run across them. And I'd be willing to bet that Dframe and shel49 aren't about to part with theirs to help my 3" collection.

Much glory goes to the Pythons, but IMHO, the D-Frames are also pretty special and very beautiful guns. Thanks for the responses everyone.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Note: There is a fellow at the Medina,Ohio gun show that had a 3" blue Cobra with shrouded barrel like these DSs for sale this past June...didn't bother to ask the price...He deals in Colts mostly...always has a lot of nice ones...

·
Registered
764 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Note: There is a fellow at the Medina,Ohio gun show that had a 3" blue Cobra with shrouded barrel like these DSs for sale this past June...didn't bother to ask the price...He deals in Colts mostly...always has a lot of nice ones...

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants a little too much IMO

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

I just looked at a 3 inch cobra in 22. Way more than I could afford. Made an offer anyway and was turned down.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts

An older 3" Cobra .22 showed up yesterday on Gunsamerica and must have sold instantly, as it was marked sold by the time I found it. Price was $500, I think.

I would post a link but the ad apparently has already been pulled.

·
Registered
807 Posts

I found an identical nickel 3-inch Cobra like yours-with the shrouded ejector rod, here in CA about one month ago! I almost bought this Colt, because I knew that it was rare! It was in mint condition(And, was complete with the box and all papers)but, I decided not to buy it at the last minute, in view of this gun not having the correct wood grips on it(It had Colt's neoprene grips instead!)! It also had been lightly fired! But, it looked just as mint as W-23's above! Congratulations on finding a real neat colt!

·
Registered
764 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
An older 3" Cobra .22 showed up yesterday on Gunsamerica and must have sold instantly, as it was marked sold by the time I found it. Price was $500, I think.

I would post a link but the ad apparently has already been pulled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that when it came up. I cried as all of my money is going into the house that I am building. I even asked the wife if she could make an exeption, she just laughed, and I turned around back to the screen in defeat.

·
Registered
39 Posts

It's always better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Of course that could be why my wife is usually Royally P.O.'d at me! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

Wish I'd seen that one on gunsamerica. Thats at least $150 less than the one I was looking at. Please note! Anyone who finds ANY 3 inch detective,or cobra in any calibre PLEASE let me know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts