Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for everybody. I took a gamble and called Colt and got an expedited letter on Gunbroker # 390528529. It lettered as a 4". I have done this on particular guns before and won big with the inside information. This time I came up snake eyes but did not end up with a fake gun. I would post a link to the auction but I'm just too dumb. I did not want anybody to end up with this on the forum.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Thanks Tom!

I thought I seen that gun in past auctions and he disclosed it in the description??? I'll have to go back and look.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks lumberjack! I also was speaking with him about it a couple days ago and he said he would end te auction and sell it to me for. 4500 and that is was a true 3". Glad I didn't think it was worth the 4500 and buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I contacted the seller to get the full serial number. I then contacted him to let him know the results. I am sure he did not know that it was a re barrel. He said he would change the description and has yet to do so. We shall see.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Also PM me an address and I will send a MO for $10 as we'll .. Hopefully we can get close enough to cover most of your loss, we are all family here and you advising us was very cool!! That is why this is the best forum around!!!!
I'd kick in on that too. But I prefer Paypal. I'm too lazy to go to the mailbox, hahaha. but seriously, do you have paypal?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys I really appreciate the offers however it is absolutely unnecessary. I have lettered guns at auction before and absolutely knocked it out of the park because I had inside information. The last time I did this and it was legitimate I made $2800 and with my CCA membership I'm only out $157.50 so I consider it a small cost of doing business.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks for your efforts and for letting us know.

I went as far as getting the number from the seller and plugging it into the Colt web site.

When I was looking at buying my Python some said that a rebarreled 3" Python would cost about $3800 to make at today's prices.

Now I have one more for the fake section of the data base.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
If anyone wants a 3" Python just for the fun of it I will have a 3" Barrel coming soon. A few years ago on Gunbroker there was a auction for a 2.5" Python barrel. I looked at the underlug and there was about 5/8" that was beyond the milling so I knew it was a 3". I pushed the buy it now, it was $150. I often wondered what I was going to do with it, sell it for $1000 on ebay? Send a junker Python out for Nickel Plating and a barrel swap (Imagine what my friends would say when I was walking around with a 3" Nickel Python as a CCW). Then one day I got my answer. Great 3" Python showed up on Gunbroker and much to everyones dismay it had been magnaported. I picked it up on the cheap and will be sending the gun to Colt for a barrel swap. When I get the 3" Ported barrel back I will be sending it to a new home if anyone hankers for a 3" Barrel without the price tag hit me up. No idea when it will be coming back from Colt though, haven't even sent it yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.