Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently looked at a Colt Police Positive 32-20 with a 5" barrel. Unfortunately, it had experienced a tough life. Finish was about 50% blue with numerous knicks, scratches and shallow pits. Bore also showed significant shallow pits. Lockup was very tight. Black Colt logo grips had a small chip out of one base.

Price was only $250, but I passed. I never really care much for guns in this condition, although I suppose it would make a decent "shooter." Not sure why i would want a shooter in 32-20 although I do handload and cast bullets.

When did Colt stop making this model in 32-20? Pre-WWII?

JERRY

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
By all means get a .32-20 revolver but hold out for one with a good bore. That's a tough thing to do since the .32-20 revolver's heyday was beginning to end about the time non-corrosive priming came out (1927 or so). I have a dandy brand X Military & Police .32-20 from the late 30's that shoots a treat.

There's a good looking .32-20 Police Positive Special at the local gun shop here that has a $350 price tag on it. Knowing the shop owner I'm sure there is some "wiggle room".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts