Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI: I'm new to this Forum, mostly an S&W guy but I do own afew Colts. I've got a question about the value of a 32 Long chambered Police Positive, blue probably 60s vintage 98% in the box. In two inch is this a common gun? I am thinking of buying it if its worth it. Thanks. Moosedog

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
moosedog;this does not sound like a 60s Police Positive,not with a 2 inch bbl. Once Colt came out with the Detective Special,in the early 1930s,all Police Positive "snubs" became this. The D.S> WAS chambered in the .32 & .38 S&W,besides the far most common .38 special. Colt did make a "Pocket Positive" in the .32 & .38 S&W up to World War 2,but they had 2 &1/2'' bbls,small rounded butt. Send in to the forum any markings on the gun,the barrel length(from cylinder front face) and the serial# minus the last 3 digits.Guys go rightfully bonkers over all the "uncatalogued" S&Ws that pop up; In my mind,there are many "uncatalogued" Colts out there. Hope this helps a little! Bud

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lonewolf: Thank you for the information. I will have to go back and look at it again if he still has it. He wanted $285 which I felt was more than fair, but I ended up mentioning it to another friend who is a Colt fanatic. Either way I'll see it again and post the correct info. Moosedog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts