Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv had this gun 40 yrs, bought it used. has some rust pitting. rifling seems good. ha original magazine. can someone tell me little abt gun and potential price.

thanks, Tuck

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
iv had this gun 40 yrs, bought it used. has some rust pitting. rifling seems good. ha original magazine. can someone tell me little abt gun and potential price.

thanks, Tuck
Pictures Pictures Pictures.......really need Pictures and a partial serial number (i.e. 123XXX) would help
B50

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im new thanks for info. ser# is327126. picture to come

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Here is some info.

Nice gun, built well. depending on condition $300 to $650.

if the grip ponies both stare toward front of barrel, then that alone is valuable.
pics will tell. Keep it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nice, some had walnut grips.
Those woodies are the rare face forward types as far as I know.
Mine are not, just std. woodies.
Neat gun !

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
That thing is fairly typical condition-wise.
The real nice ones get higher $, naturally.
For a useful shooter, the appearance is not the importamt feature.
Those things run good even with a shot out barrel. A good chamber is desireable, though.
I might suggest it is about a $300 to $400 pistol; certainly not more than $400
There were about a half a million or so of 'em built.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Just curious as to the value of mine. And also maybe if someone could tell me when mine was made and if it is a standard model. Thanks!
Yours is a Model M, .32 ACP, type 1, 1906-07 mfg. yr.
Can't say a lot about the condition in the pix, but it looks fair to pretty good. Better than most of mine.
Depending on where you want to peddle it, you might expect something on the $400-450 range. A correct original mag is a definite plus. Yours wants to be all blue, with a 'pinned' baseplate, and no markings. The grips are the correct style for the era. As with all of 'em, the higher the condition, the higher the premium. And, of course, there is somebody somewhere who will pay whatever you want for that thing. Don't hold your breath, though. There were lots of model Ms made, and they are a very popular little pistol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yours is a Model M, .32 ACP, type 1, 1906-07 mfg. yr. Can't say a lot about the condition in the pix, but it looks fair to pretty good. Better than most of mine. Depending on where you want to peddle it, you might expect something on the $400-450 range. A correct original mag is a definite plus. Yours wants to be all blue, with a 'pinned' baseplate, and no markings. The grips are the correct style for the era. As with all of 'em, the higher the condition, the higher the premium. And, of course, there is somebody somewhere who will pay whatever you want for that thing. Don't hold your breath, though. There were lots of model Ms made, and they are a very popular little pistol.
Thanks for all if the info! What other types of models are there and which one is the most rare? Also I saw a little emblem on my trigger guard and it looks like it says "vp". Do you have any idea about that? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
The vp mark is afor 'verified proof'. It is applied to Colts after they have been proofed.....proven?.. with loads that exceed standard SAAMI specs. It means that the gun is tough.
There are 5 types of the model M. See Lisker's Colt Automatic Pistol & Revolver information website. It is all there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts