Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting back to reloading after 20 year away from it . I reloaded all my .45 .38 .357 , hand gun brass and now going to reload my .32 Winchester Special rifle . The problem is that I only have about a dozen Bullets for it . I went to all the local gun shops and gun shows and could not find any there . Is there any places on line where I could but it ? Thanks for your time

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know where you can find just brass, but I purchased some ammo from Brownwell's a few months ago. No one else had any product.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Midway shows to be backordered. These folks show to have the speer in stock-http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3433

That did not copy correctly. LG-Outdoors shows to have them in stock.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hornady and Speer both make fine 170 grain Jacketed Soft Flat Point bullets for 32 W.S. I use and like both bullets in Marlin and Winchester rifles/carbines.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys . I did a search on the " Internet Machine " and found a few sites that have them , but few have in stock . I do not need them right now , so I will just wait until they restock them . Components for reload sure went up from the last time I reloaded . I guess that I am getting old .

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Missouri Bullets makes a 170gr. cast lead bullet for the .32 Special, 9.0 grs. of Trail Boss is fun and accurate. I load and shoot a 1956 Winny 94, I gave up jacketed bullets in mine unless I wanted to shoot a deer, they are hard to find and not cheap any more.Any of the 32-40 cast bullets will work. .323-4 dia. A very worth while cartridge to get a mold for and cast custom bullets for your gun. I love shooting this rifle and it's beautiful. Jacketed bullets accelerate wear and to punch holes in paper jacketed bullets are a waste.<br>$12.00 for a Lee Factory Crimp die is money well spent for an improvement in accuracy for either cast or jacketed bullets.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
longranger hit the nail on the head with cast or lead bullets. Of course even bullet molds are somewhat hard to find now. I cast a bullet for my pre-64 94 30-30, using unique powder and about 1500 FPS with a gas check. Very fun at the range that only goes to 100 yards and if I ever use it for deer, then I'll load up. While most 32 rifle bullets are about .321 diameter, sizing lead bullets at .323 or .324 such as used for 8mm usually gives better results. While loading components have gone up and are sometimes hard to find since you last did this, shooting a cast bullet really cuts costs significantly. good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you can get the Speers, jump on them. I prefer them over the Hornady but not by much. That isn't the most popular round out there so it may be a year or more before they make those again. I disagree with Longranger, from my experience anyway. I bought some lead bullets, same weight and just could not get the same accuracy as jacketed. Would shoot both at the same session and there was no comparison. I hadn't shot that rifle for a while and thought something was wrong, I had started out with the lead. As soon as I switched to jacketed, all was better. I think that round just has too much speed for lead, you might try slowing it down. Could be wrong, just my experience.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I disagree with Longranger, from my experience anyway. I bought some lead bullets, same weight and just could not get the same accuracy as jacketed
Disagree all you want, your experience with one cast bullet does not invalidate my extensive experience with cast bullets in any platform. I know what I speak you obviously do not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
GEEEEZ. guess we don't need forums anymore, just send everything directly to longranger so we can benefit from his extensive experience. Everything else is just superfluous and useless. I was't trying to rewriting the book, just sharing my experience. Thought thats what these forums are for.
PS: if your member name is based on the saturday morning western its "Lone Ranger"

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Did you read all of the responses to O.P.'s Q,? my point obviously was over your head. Longranger is in fact a twist on the "Saturday show" but that was over your head as well.
You never listed your load data for your inexperience with one cast bullet,you came off as don't try.You insult my intelligence with the lack of your own,please review Lymans 4th Edition Cast bullets perhaps you will be enlightened.You want to exchange insults and not learn anything, have at it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The 32 Win Special was developed for the person wanting to reload. The twist rate was slowed so that cast bullets could be used without fowling like the 30-30 of that time was prone to do. For cast bullets the 32-40 bullets work well. With the slower twist the lighter bullets work very well. You may have to slug the bore to see what you have since the bore does vary in size from gun to gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts