Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had this revolver for some time now, almost 10 years. I have put maybe 3 rounds through it in that time. Now I'm getting around to using it I think its a little big for me. So I've been looking around for a smaller frame, maybe even caliber. However I do like it, so I wanted to finds out more about it such as the year. Inside the grips is marked, is that the actual serial number(handwritten on grips)? Or do I need to break it down further for a sn#?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That may be the serial number but your gun will have the number stamped inside the crane (where cylinder opens and swings). That location is easy to read and it may well match the number written on the grips.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Which grips are on it? The square butt target grips make it feel like a big gun ,tougher to shoot da unless you have a big paw. Put on a set of service grips with a tyler t grip and voila. It feels like a smaller , more compact revolver.Don't give up on it. In fact the OP Mark 3 with service grips is a near perfect carry revolver ,does not feel bigger or heavier than a S&W K but is really an L frame. Plus p tolerant, packs and conceals well on me, and I am not a big guy , 5'9 167 lbs.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Lawman is right, change grips and it will feel like much smaller gun if it has the big target grips on it. A photo will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts