Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this ammo -----for up close personal defense -I would think it would be very effective .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not according to these guys...

The Box O' Truth

There just isn't enough mass with the little pellets to travel far after penetrating tissue. I've said it before. Use the largest hunk of lead you can to make the biggest hole you can. Foot Pounds for measuring bullet capabilites is meaningless. You should use momentum. Mass figures a lot more into that equation.

Dave

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Not according to these guys...

theboxotruth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that website is a hoot. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree The Box O'Truth rocks! Why? Cause shootin' stuff is fun!

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave

·
Registered
491 Posts
I knew a fellow that had them in his carry gun, He said he would shoot the BG in the eyes, blinding him.

I said I think it is a bad idea. Save the snake shot for snakes. I killed a rattler a few years ago. It works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As a wise man once said: "Birdshot is for birds!" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Especially these days with all of the decent hollow point loads we have. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
904 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I knew a fellow that had them in his carry gun, He said he would shoot the BG in the eyes, blinding him.

I said I think it is a bad idea. Save the snake shot for snakes. I killed a rattler a few years ago. It works.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know how true this is but I was once told that deliberatly carrying and using such ammo to maim, as opposed to standard ammo to halt an attack might be construed as inappropriate and open the user to civil penalties (i.e. being sued). It is one thing to have it and it be the only thing you can use/do to save yourself and to carry it with the intent to use it in such a role. It is NOT a poor man's Glaser.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts