Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was given a colt police .38 special positive w serial number beginning 138XXX T. it has a 4 inch barrel and black handle. if anybody has any clue as to it's age or value, please respond. thanks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
According to proofhouse.com, the source for all Colt serial info up to about 1978, 138xxx would be about 1916 or so. However, there is no listing for numbers with a T at the end. Are you sure about the T?

Regards,
Nframe

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I show it was made in 1917. Condition is everything on these as I bought one about 1 year ago at the big gun show in Louisville for $200 and I would rate it 85 to 90%. they are pretty common guns. Mike

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I believe the "T" was for a gun that was targeted. That was better than the later guns had a "L" for lined up. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hey hwcolt, I see you just joined the Forum so welcome!

You've got a great little revolver there. They exhibit outstanding workmanship and are a handy size. I've got one just like yours only a few years older. It shoots tight groups on paper. I like the Police Positives and Police Positive Specials. They seem to just now be getting some of the respect they deserve with prices beginning to rise. Feel free to post a photo so we can have a look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts