Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening , can someone please tell me who makes .38 special national match magazines ?
i'd like to shoot pistol competition and only have one mag , many thanks rj

·
Registered
16 Posts
rj,

Do you mean .38 Super magazines? If so, I'd stick with magazines made for your particular semi-automatic. And these can be purchased at gun shows or on-line from companies such as Wilson, McCormick, etc.

Best regards, Jack M.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i require .38 special magazines that hold 5 rounds of .38 special wadcutters , for a colt national match.38 special ,

·
Registered
16 Posts
rj,

Amazing the things one learns. I've seen S&W N-frame revolvers chambered for .45 ACP, but never have seen a semi-auto chambered for a revolver cartridge like .38 special.

Was the Colt pistol modified for this cartridge, or was it manufactured that way? How does the magazine handle the cartridge rims? Is there a slot in the rear?

Best regards, Jack M.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi jack , yes the magazine did have a slot in the rear similar to the .22 ace mags , as i remember colt had this model out several months before s&w brought out there model 52, help..help still need magazines , rj

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here's what it looks like:

I don't think anyone makes these mags currently because there isn't a great demand for them. I bought 2 extra mags for my .38 spl MR from the gun auction websites, they turn up every now and then.

I just remembered, you should also try Numrich Gun Parts Corp.

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 09-26-2004).]

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Colt NM Mk III may look like a standard 1911, but internally it is very different. It is a blowback operated pistol, it does not lock up using the Browning system.

I don't know of anyone making magazines for this pistol today. Further, the slide lock tab on the float of the original magazines is rather frail.

Phil Stewart, a dealer in magazines, usually has a number of original magazines in a range of conditions varying from pristine to repaired. The magazines are scarcer than hens teeth, and the prices asked reflect this fact.

Phil Stewart
1007 Howard St.
Mt. Vernon, Ohio 43050

His phone number is (740) 393 0704, though he can be very difficult to catch.

Tell Phil that I gave you his name.

Bob Foster

1 - 8 of 8 Posts