Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not much of the original high polish finish (if any) left on this pistol, and the right grip has a crack, but the lettering and pony are still strong and the gun appears to function just fine. It looks better in the hand than in these pictures. The only fire blue left on it that I can find is the end of the grip screw.

IMG_0706.JPG IMG_0705.JPG

The magazine is very interesting, being the original round top, pinned full blue Type I (traces of high polish finish left on the bottom), but someone has stamped a tiny ".380" on it. Has anyone ever seen this before?

IMG_0707.JPG IMG_0708.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
The magazine is very interesting, being the original round top, pinned full blue Type I (traces of high polish finish left on the bottom), but someone has stamped a tiny ".380" on it. Has anyone ever seen this before?

View attachment 663949 View attachment 663951
Yes. This is a factory variation occurring between unmarked and “CALIBRE .380” that Is not included in either Brunner edition.

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is really interesting Sam, is it your belief that most/all pistols in the 1500-2200 serial range were supplied with this transitional magazine? Or have you seen others in the range with the Type I and Type II mags from your page? I realize it's probably hard to make any definite conclusions when it came to Colt's use of various components since they wasted so little.

#1523 and #2193 are new pistols for the list. Are there any more you would care to share? ;)

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
This thread never fails to come up with some astonishing bleep.
I reckon it is one reason why we like to hang around the forum.
Colt Forum Forever!
HooRah!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts