Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
38spec Nickel Diamondback 6\"

We may have been here before but I am curious if anybody has one.I have seen 2 for sale.One in that 3 gun set on GA which sold in about 3 hours and a lone example about 2 years ago which I have a picture .All info appreciated.Just got a 1977 NIB 38spec in 4".It seems much brighter than my later model of the same.Anybody noticed any differences in the finishes.I know nickel will get cloudy if not properly cared for but both of these are perfect unturned.

[This message has been edited by bighornhunter (edited 06-24-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: 38spec Nickel Diamondback 6\"

Gunbroker can't sell in three hours, it takes one week.
All nickel Diamondbacks I have and have seen have the same very bright nickel finish.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My mistake.It was GA not GB.I did not mean to upset anyone I am just trying to get some info.I myself wish I had a 6" 38spec in Nickel.I tried to buy the set on GA but it was gone.The 3 gun set sold for 3400.00.I have bought guns from this dealer before and he is good to deal with.Straight shooter and if he says it is NIB it is NIB.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Diamonback68:

What will cause the nickel finish to seem more satiny than bright.Not dull just seems not as crisp and shiny as the rest.All NIB.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Maybe, just maybe, someone took Hoppes #9 to it or possibly someone used some Flitz on it and rubbed too hard, who knows.
The other possibility is, are you 100% sure it is not electroless nickel on that one. When you say "satiny" it smacks of electroless.
True, nickel will turn and get dull if not properly taken care of.
Could be any possibility, without actually seeing the gun it would be hard to speculate.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 06-24-2005).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts