Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post a couple photos of a Colt SAA I have had for a few years. The revolver is unfired in the box it was sold by Colt in April of 2006. The box lists the barrel length as 4 1/2 but it is a 4 inch. The Colt letter lists it as a 4 inch nickel with fire blue screws & bird's head grips. The ejector is also fire blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
That is gorgeous sir! I'd carry that concealed even in this day n age i believe:) Mike

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
I really like that. Looks great. I am assuming you had Colt make that up for you back in '06. I've wondered if I could have one made up nowdays, though I'd like a 3" barrel with full length ejector.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have it made but someone did, when I saw it for sale at a local store I just couldn't pass it up. I did get a letter on it because I was curious about the work done on it.

Looking at Colt's Custom Shop price guide on the web it looks like you can still have this work done, they list cutting barrels to special length, birdhead back strap & the fire blue screws.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
I didn't have it made but someone did, when I saw it for sale at a local store I just couldn't pass it up. I did get a letter on it because I was curious about the work done on it.

Looking at Colt's Custom Shop price guide on the web it looks like you can still have this work done, they list cutting barrels to special length, birdhead back strap & the fire blue screws.
Thanks for that bit of information. I've got 35 years on the job this June 22 so may I need to look into that as a present for myself. It would be a nice addition to my SAA's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts