Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an opportunity to buy another 3rd Gen Royal Blue Python 6” but the price seems a bit steep to me. Is $3,000 the going rate for these now without boxes?

I already own one that I bought last December and I’ll admit I feel like I over paid at $2,700.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
What is a 3rd Gen Python in the context of this discussion?

The original Python never had breaks in production so there weren't generations like the SAA.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yes, it is high but that's what they seem to bring currently in my area. You can wait for a better deal to come along but while you're waiting someone else will eventually come in and buy the one you are looking at. The current surge in firearm buying and as always the legacy of a vintage Colt Python seems to be driving the prices. Anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
431 Posts
What is a 3rd Gen Python in the context of this discussion?

The original Python never had breaks in production so there weren't generations like the SAA.
I agree, actually I've seen it mentioned several times, I've always wondered, but never understood what is meant for a 2nd or 3rd Gen Python.
Probably they refer to the stocks, as the gun itself, unlike GLOCKs pistols, has never been changed.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, actually I've seen it mentioned several times, I've always wondered, but never understood what is meant for a 2nd or 3rd Gen Python.
Probably they refer to the stocks, as the gun itself, unlike GLOCKs pistols, has never been changed.
Yes I suppose it is in reference to the stocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts