Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4\" 45 LC Anaconda

Well I just saw that the 4" 45 LC on GB was now up to 2125.00.And I thought nickel diamondbacks were expensive.It is not even a NIC on just nice condition.And to think I passed these up because I wanted a 4" 44.Anybody really have any idea how many were produced.Even special editions are not this high.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: 4\" 45 LC Anaconda

I don't believe anyone, including Colt really knows. My guess would be less than 500. We have a 6" ultimate SS 45, and I have been looking for a 4" 45 for years. 44 mags. seem to be fairly plentiful.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

I seldom see them on the used market. You must have been quite lucky to pass on them while looking for a .44 model. I used to see 4" .44 models all the time while searching for the short .45. Luckly I got mine before people started wanting outrageous prices for them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well I would not say I was to lucky more stupid now that we look at the prices.I passed them up a couple when they came out new.Looking back how bad a move was that.Now you can still get a 4" 44 reasonable but the 45 4" is about gone for me.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

And they say put your money in the stock market because guns won't turn much of a profit.

·
Registered
345 Posts

I have one.I've taken it to 4 or 5 gun shows with a $1,200 price tag on it.Even up till this last month (July '06).But I knew it was worth at least $1500.I don't think it will ever be taken out of the safe again.I got tired of the yo-yo's not believeing me that it was worth megga bucks...One guy told me they made 5 of them,but I find that too hard to believe.I have 3 snubby Pythons and I can't get a measly $1,000 out of any of them.Each one is at least 98%.I just don't have a #'s matching box for any of them.Here in Oklahoma there is a gun show war amongst the gun promotors.There was a gun show in Oklahoma City and another 25 miles away on the same weekend.If you look in the gun list paper you will see at least 2 gun shows a month in Okla.In the future myself and my gun table friend will probably only do the shows with 1,000 tables,,,which include the Wanamacher of course,twice a year.That show has 3,000+ tables and is twice a year,but the fee is $100 a table.

Back to the Anaconda's.Did you know they made a few 5 1/2 ones too?I'm not to much on the info on that gun,but would like to know,because I seen a 44 go for about $1600 on GB.

·
Registered
38 Posts

re: 5" guns

Someone here I believe has a 5" Anaconda and posted a picture a while back. From what little I know I believe all the 5" ones were .44 mag. Somewhere once long ago someone mentioned that about 150 to 170 or so were made. I think it was on this forum. Sometime back (1-2 yrs) there was one for sale up in Washington State for about $850. I kick myself for not getting it.

·
Registered
324 Posts

chevis, I'm glad I don't live near you. I'd be handing over my paycheck every week. I'm lusting for a short nickel python and the 5" Anaconda might be more than I could take!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Here is your problem.It will not sell at a gun show for the big dollars.You will have to put it into the auction enviroment to get that price.I do not dispute the 45 LC is a 1500 gun.You just have to hit the collector market and the internet is where the collectors are located today.I do not even waste my time unless I am just looking for something to do going to the gun shows anymore and I used to never miss one.If I needed assult rifles or auto pistols that is where I would go.Looking for quality Colts at a gun show is like hunting pockets books in the Walmart parking lot.You might find one but it might take years.As for that 5" Anaconda its gonna be slightly more expensive than a 4" 45 LC.Slightly being used very loosely.

·
Registered
345 Posts

You're probably right.Not too long ago,and I'm sure it's still floating around.There was a Kodiac going for around $900.I passed on it cause I'm about flush with Anacondas and right now I'm getting into the older S&W revolvers.

I'll probably be kicking myself someday on that one,,,I hope not though.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Paul, the one you posted is a not going to end up being a steal in 7 days.

As for the 5 incher, I've only seen the very few I've seen in 44 mag. including mine.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Paul:
Like Jeff said check on it in 6 days.I thought this one just sold for 2125.00.Maybe this seller had more than 1.

·
Registered
345 Posts

Yeah and I bet he's kicking the dog,drinking beer by the caseload and whatever else one would do when he finds out someone has took him.Sure there's a lesson to be learned on that one,for someone.

That is if the seller let it go to a sweet talker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts