Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4\" Anaconda in .45 Colt

I've heard that Anacondas in the 4" .45 Colt persuation were an uncatalogued item and therefore hard to find. Can anyone varify or deny this ? ? ? Does anyone know approximately how many were produced in that configuration ? ? ?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Re: 4\" Anaconda in .45 Colt

Hi Tony,
I don't think anyone but Colt would have production numbers on the 4 inch 45LC Anaconda. I don't beleive it was a specific run number.
They do bring good money though if you are lucky enough to find one.
A couple of the boys that hang here have them.
Maybe they would be kind enough to post some recent prices. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yessiree, I let a<font color="red"> 4" </font>Anaconda in <font color="blue">.45 Colt</font> for <font color="green">$845</font> slip right through my fingers . . . /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif not more than 30 days ago . . . . /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It's all over now . . . but the bleedin' ! ! ! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

There was one on the auction sites just last week I think. It was around $900 last time I looked. I paid considerably more for mine ($1200) but it was new in the box. I would have happily paid less, but they just don't pop up to often so I jumped at the chance.

·
Registered
778 Posts

Lucky you! I have a 6" 45 Anaconda in Ultimate Stainless that is not for sale. It is probably my favorite most comfortable revolver to shoot. I'd love to have a 4", but doubt I'll ever find one. Enjoy. I hope you shoot it!

·
Registered
14 Posts

oh don't worry.i wouyldn't own a gun i wouldn't shoot.i have a 6 inch in 45lc as well that i bought new in '94 for $495.it's never gonna be sold either.i shoot deer with it quite nicely.i put a B-Square vent rib mount and a burris 2x on it.i can pop deer with iron sights as well. i shoot the 240 @ 1450fps and 300 gr @ 1300fps hornady XTP mags.never had a problem with the barrel coming loose and accurate as hell.

·
Registered
253 Posts

I recently picked up a 6" 45 Anaconda in VG condition. I agree it is one of the smoothest most accurate and pleasant guns I have ever shot!! I highly recommend one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I use it at my club's blowing pin matches and it is a pin-killer!!! I have beat .45ACP guns and believe me I am not that good a shot. The gun does all the work. It is no wonder the cartridge has survived for so long!!

·
Registered
14 Posts

45 colt is hard to beat.if you handload you have quite a range of options.it's truely amazing.i also purchased a winchester trapper with a 16 inch barrel in 45 colt to compliment the revolvers.it holds nine rounds in the tube and is a blast as well to shoot.i hightly recommend it for 45 colt fans.i am personally not a fan of the heavy octagon barrels but there are plenty of them out there for those that like them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts