Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4\"diamondback 22lr

i have a chance to buy a mint 4" blue diamondback 22lr, w/original box&papers. not sure of the serial # yet as i just looked at it yesterday. it does have the packmyer grips w/mediallon are these the original, its box is paper like not plastic. my question as i am new to forum is their anything i should look for in this gun or stay away from. its from a older guy who passed away and every gun he had was mint, i want them all but i feel this gun will serve me well. is $700 a fare price i've seen them go for more without being in this condition, 95-99%. any help is welcomed, haven't owned a colt in 30yrs. if this is a later addition is their any problems anyone has had, this gun hasn't been shot that much. thank you

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: 4\"diamondback 22lr

$700 is an outstanding price for that gun.
There is no such thing as good years and bad years of Diamondbacks. They are extremely well made revolvers. I would just check out the gun well before buying. Sounds like the old gentleman took care of his guns though and would not keep junk around.

·
Registered
689 Posts

$700.00 is indeed a fair price... Jump on it, you can't go wrong, besides, at the current rate it will only go up in value...

Welcome to the Forum...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

What they all said. There are no bad years for Diamondbacks. And, in todays insane market that is indeed a bargain price

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

You can't go wrong with that purchase.

Stocks may not be original although some of the later vintage Diamondbacks did come with the black Pachmayr grips (w/ Colt medallion). The box alone is worth over $100 if you use ebay prices as a judge. Last one that I noticed sold for $168.

Welcome back to the world of Colt after 30 years. Welcome to the forum as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

this was better than i thought, i went to my dealer to get the serial# r289xx i figure this is 1978?. the price was $575, also in the box is the booklit that came with it and the colt tool/scredriver, it pays to be a loyal and good customer

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
the price was $575, also in the box is the booklit that came with it and the colt tool/scredriver,

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!, at that price, with box and all the goodies, you STOLED IT!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

You deserve a "Wanted" poster at the postoffice for that deal!

Well done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts