Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
colt folks,
you gents had great advice on the colt kodiak i got from a estate of of a lifetime colt and smith wesson collector who passed away.
the python is a 4 digit,serial 5119.there is some wear i tried to show in pictures.the grizzly has a couple boxes through it.the outer sleeve of grizzly is ok on the on the end with the info,there are a couple end flaps missing on the other end of box.the grizzly is just plain mint cosmetically and mechanically.the python is the sweetest trigger i have ever felt on a python.but you colt folks know what the early pythons are like.i sure would appreciate advice as to what is a good selling price.the collectors wife would like to see all 3 guns go to the same buyer,as she said thats what her husband would have requested.i did not promise her that would happen,but if it worked out that way,it would be nice.i took a bunch of pictures,but can send more if some is interested, i will put the guns in the classifieds.looking for advice here,and i sure appreciate it.the smith wesson 29-2 looks new.its the real thing 29-2 6 1/2 inch dirty harry gun.the gun looks new,unfired.nicest smith wessson i have seen.serial is n199##.the color case hardened target trigger and hammer are just beautifull with really bright colors on the trigger and hammer.i will get better pictures of the 29-2 smith wesson in the morning.i would love to sell all 3 guns to the same buyer.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The '57 Python is pretty worn. How is the lockup and timing?

Do the Python or Smith 29 have box & papers?

Pics on the 29-2?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the python lockup is as tight .the only wear is from a holster.the action is the nicest and tightest i felt on any gun..i try to push cylinder open whe nits closed and crane to frame hardly moves.can hardly get a crack out of the crane to frame.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
the python lockup is as tight .the only wear is from a holster.the action is the nicest and tightest i felt on any gun..i try to push cylinder open whe nits closed and crane to frame hardly moves.can hardly get a crack out of the crane to frame.
Then assuming no box on the Python , +1 with Keystonearms.

On the 29-2 assuming no box , 800-900 if stocks are std. Target stocks for that era. can't tell if they are from current photos.
Nice finds.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks a lot guys,.i know the python has some blue wear,and i know all of you know your colts,and how sweet the colt python action is,but man i tell when you work the action on the colt python,it sounds and feels like a timepiece..really a great example of a gun made almost 60 years ago,and carried way more than shot.i dont think there is any flame cuttting,the cylinder notch's look great also,i will get more detailed pictures today
thanks a million for the advice on price colt folks

·
Registered
148 Posts
during the timeframe that the 29-2 was built it would have had a presentation case with the gun cleaning rod,brass brush, mop, and sight adjusting tool. (screwdriver). it would have had a cardboard cover over the case with a label on one end that noted the model and all pertinent info about the gun. the grips as shown in the one pic are called magnas and are wrong for that gun. should be what is called football target grips in goncalo alves wood. papers would have been under one of the halves of the plastic trays that hold the gun and acc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts