Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4\" Nickel Python Price

Just picked up a 4" nickel Python in about 90% shape. It's a 1970 E173xx. I know I got a good price @ $400. I am not a collector and just picked this gun up to turn it over for the $$$. My question is I'm heading to the Medina, Ohio show in a few weeks and wanted to know what kind of price I should expect. I think I know what it's worth but don't want to get "taken". I'd really like to keep it, but I picked it up with the goal of resale. Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Re: 4\" Nickel Python Price

Let's see, Python,4",nickel,90%, I would put it at $650-700 tops.
Good luck with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

My uncle has informed me that the gun is more like 95%, how much will this affect the price?

·
Registered
91 Posts

I see nickel new in the box go for $1200. Almost perfect 99% Nickel pythons go for $900-$999. I agree with Diamondback68 you should get between $650-$700 for you 95% Nickel Python.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts

hey, didn`t i buy a car from you once.really a 300$ profit is about the limit of good taste on this forum.in my opinion, anything over doubleing your money should be kept to yourself lest jealousy appear.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

He's probably lost sleep in the last several days. By exposing his theft, he'd feel less guilty. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

You got the revolver for $400 and call it 90%. Then your uncle calls it 95%. Some good pictures would give us a better idea on the pricing.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Photos seem to reveal a lot of handling marks (can be rubbed out with Flitz), buggered sideplate screw, dinged and over-oiled stocks, I would put it at 90% or so. My price guestimation stands.
JMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I appriciate your reply Diamondback. Thanks much. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts

Are the sights nickel also?I was just wondering about when they started doing them in nickel,I've seen em in both nickel and blue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts