Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopalong, MLV and Jim Martin got me thinking about starting this thread.

MLV and his pictures/writing about Hank Williams Jr.'s gun got me hankering for a 4" years ago. I do believe forum member, Triumph, owns the gun now.

How about we stick to just Colt's and just 4" and shorter with ejectors for this thread? Not many of them out there...in factory or custom form. Be fun to see them.

Two .45s from MLV...photos. Wilkerson Colt with Ivory and a custom 4" with deluxe wood.

My chopped .44 Special with a spare 44-40 cylinder fitted now.
No clue who originally built it.

The details on Jim Martin's 3 3/4", .44 Special

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ussmanlovede36 said:
Excluding Sheriff model's are you. Oh the prejudice.:rolleyes:
I know, but a lot more Sheriff's and Storekeepers made than 4" or under ejector guns. Be fun to see just how many of those we can get pictures of. Hopalong has at least one if not more :)

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I HAD one made up with a Christy barrel and ejector. The ejector assembly was too short to work and just a decoration. I had the longer barrel and original ejector put back on. I own a Cimmeron Thunderer and it looks just like the one Jim made. I have pictures but they are on photobucket. My Thunderer has both 45 colt and ACP cylinders.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Love the looks of these guns! I would think this would work great with the shorter .44 special casings, but how well does case extraction work with the longer .45 and .44-40 casings? Just curious.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I finally can post pictures. Here is a barrel and ejector, (probably christy) that I no longer own. I had the gun re-barreled back to its 7 1/2". The ejector would hardly touch the fired case. I do own a Cimmeron Thunderer that works well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts