Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
NICE... I'm with Coltlondon, what did it cost you??? I picked up a NIB example just like it last week but in .22 Magnum. I paid $950 for mine.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was $650. More than what I wanted to pay but...as I learned a long time ago...it is hard to "over pay" when the condition is right. This revolver was very very clean and came with original box, manual, plastic bag and desiccant sheet. Very nice example of a 1979/80 revolver.My only problem is 22lr ammo is tight in SE PA and I can't shoot it with reckless abandon!

·
Registered
251 Posts
you got a great price Mark, I saw one at the local gunshow (Oaks, PA) today and they wanted $1,400 w/no box (also 4" model in 22) ..... nice pick up!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beautiful revolver!!! If you don't buy it today, how much is the next one you find going to cost?? Prices certainly aren't going down!!

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
At $650 is was a GREAT buy...

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
VERY nice!

One of my regrets is trading my LNIB 6" Trooper .22 for a Government .380 in the 1980s. Shoulda just bought the .380.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VERY nice!One of my regrets is trading my LNIB 6" Trooper .22 for a Government .380 in the 1980s. Shoulda just bought the .380.
Ouch, that hurts!!! At that time, who would have ever guessed that Colt revolver prices would rise so much!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why does that hurt? The values for both are still very similar today if in like condition..........
What hurts is that the poster wishes that he bought the 380 which implies that he would have kept the Trooper as well. He would have both today....

·
Registered
642 Posts
It was $650. More than what I wanted to pay but...as I learned a long time ago...it is hard to "over pay" when the condition is right. This revolver was very very clean and came with original box, manual, plastic bag and desiccant sheet. Very nice example of a 1979/80 revolver.My only problem is 22lr ammo is tight in SE PA and I can't shoot it with reckless abandon!
Hey Seabee....My Dad was Navy, WW II Pacific Theatre, and My Son currently is a Seabee, about to be deployed.
Take a sabattical to SW Florida this winter, bring the Trooper 22 and contact Me; We'll go to the local range, and I'll supply all the 22 LR ammo that You can tolerate. :cool:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Seabee....My Dad was Navy, WW II Pacific Theatre, and My Son currently is a Seabee, about to be deployed.Take a sabattical to SW Florida this winter, bring the Trooper 22 and contact Me; We'll go to the local range, and I'll supply all the 22 LR ammo that You can tolerate. :cool:
Thanks!:) what battalion is your son attached to?

·
Registered
642 Posts
You know what......I'm not sure.
Buffalo, NY reserves have been disbanded, and now He's with the New Jersey mothership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts