Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a previous post I inquired as to the better carry pistol load (38 super or 40 s/w) of which the vast majority replied 40... That being said, what Colt's are made/available in the 40??? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Defender was made in .40S&W as well as the Gov't model. Both were manufactured in limited quantities.

If you consider the Z40 a Colt and not a CZ then it too was in .40S&W. Rumor has it only 800 were made and never shipped, so they are scarce also.

Those are the only ones that I know of. There may be more, and unless I am wrong we'll hear about them!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Most of the Colt 40's are pretty scarce. In addition to the few Govt 40's, the Defender, and the Z40's already mentioned, there were Double Eagle Commanders, the Elite 10-40, and a few Gold Cup 40 elite model produced. All tough to find.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just purchased a Stainless 1911 Government in 40 S&W. I thought it was a fair price at around $650. I haven't shot it yet but couldn't be happier with my purchase based on how nice the pistol is overall. I'll try to give a report on how it functions in the near future. It has been fired so I intend to fire it some myself.

I have nothing to gain by making this information known (it's not my gun nor do I know its owner), but currently on auctionarms.com there is a Colt Government 1911 in 40 S&W with all it's original box and packaging. My point is, though scarce, they are out there if you look.

I am 100% a Colt fan, but 1911s in general facinate me. I will also say with a little hesitation that Springfield and STI makes several 1911 variations in 40 S&W as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts