Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking my records I see I have not fired Dads old 1877 Thunderer since 2000. Decided to let the old gal speak again and got ready for a trip to the range, then decided to add my 1907 mfg SAA to the fun. Plan was simply to plink at dirt clods peeking up through the snow but I threw a few targets in anyway. 10 Yards to the backstop but I got behind a fence rail to take a steady rest for the target shooting, thus the 11 yard distance. Both shot high. What fun though.

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Nice shooting with some neat guns! My .41 Bisley loved that same Remington ammo (at least with the handful of shots I took with it). Actually it shot close to some of the tighter groups I have ever shot with a handgun. Conversely, it didn’t care for the Ultramax ammo at all.

Since I have a Bisley in .32-20, I don’t plan to shoot the .41 Bisley more than once every ten years or so. I reckon that will work out to maybe two boxes of the Remington ammo in my lifetime, so I will help out the ammo collectors by reducing the supply of the Remington ammo.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is rare ammo you were shooting!
Those are actually reloads, just using the box to hold them all. The Pyrodex load was shot using a mold I made myself (couldnt find the rapine mold so I tried making one ), the ammo I shot using Trail Boss was with the Lyman bullet purchased from Buffalo Arms co.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts