Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not a very common round for revolvers--the most well known appears to be the S&W 625,

Who else manufactures revolvers in .45ACP and does anyone have any experience/thoughts on those?

I like the .45 ACP round in general but am looking into picking up 1st revolver thus my curiosity

Edit: also, is Smith and Wesson currently offering the 625 in any model other than the Jerry Miculek special...personal taste, just not a fan

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Ruger Dual cylinder Blackhawk.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Recent discussion on this site about the Colt Army Model 1917, powered by acp:

Good info on shooting these revolvers on you tube:

Randy

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Luggage and bags Motor vehicle Grey Bag Personal protective equipment

I really like the .45 ACP in a revolver single or double, my grail gun is a SAA with a .45 Colt and extra .45 Auto cylinder, almost there. I have a New Vaquero 3.75 birdshead in .45 Auto- one of my favorite guns. Its over built, stubby, dependable and made for hard use. Would like to find a .45 Colt cylinder for it. I see it as a "poor mans" USFA's Double Eagle which imo was one of the neatest SAR's ever hatched. They did not last long and are now very hard to find and pricy. Was happy to get the Ruger as a stand in, no where near as elegant or cool as a old Colt or the Double Eagle USFA but it performs stand in duty for me quite well. .45 ACP will do for just about anything in North America, except for Griz, Moose, and Elk.

New Vaquero convertables and Black Hawk convertables can be found at the web venders pretty often- not Colts but good guns imo.

Imo the king of the double action .45 ACP revolvers is the Smith and Wesson 25-2, hard to find them now but they do pop up once in a while if interested check the on line venders and the Smith and Wesson & Ruger web site for sale areas.

Good luck!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know its not a very common round for revolvers--the most well known appears to be the S&W 625,

Who else manufactures revolvers in .45ACP and does anyone have any experience/thoughts on those?

I like the .45 ACP round in general but am looking into picking up 1st revolver thus my curiosity

Edit: also, is Smith and Wesson currently offering the 625 in any model other than the Jerry Miculek special...personal taste, just not a fan
Here is a pro tip from an IPSC shooter: shoot that gun in an IPSC competition and you will win your class every single time. Because you will be the only one. Unless Jerry Miculek shows up.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Lucked out finding my S&W 25-2. Walking around our gun show few years ago and found it on this guys table along with a bunch of literal junk. Ejector rod had been crimped with vice grips, dirty as possible, grips nasty too. He wanted to much so I talked him down and took it home, Disassembled, totally cleaning, Murphy’s oil soap on grips, new ejector rod housing from Gun Parts, Tack driver with my 201 KT cast , GI jacketed SWC’s and ball.
Also have Ruger BH 4 5/8” with two cylinders. Saving it for Grandson.

·
Registered
78 Posts
New Service Colt revolver custom built into a single action only competition piece with heavy barrel, S&W sights and cut back cylinder for .45 ACP only. I'm assuming it was built for Bullseye competition.
Most accurate revolver I own, will run with my model 29 .44 mag all day long.
The big dog has taken it's share of rabbits, armadillos and coyotes, and is very pleasant on the range.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

1 - 20 of 56 Posts