Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys: Have a stainless 45 Colt Anaconda. With all the talk about what load strengths different revolvers can handle. Ruger seemingly being the champ. Do any of you have any idea of how strong the Anaconda is, and have any of you been shooting one for some time with an idea of how it is holding up. Timing, end shake, etc. By the way this Anaconda is very highly polished. Most I see on the gun net sites are satin finish. Was it a special order? Thanks much, Bobba

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Anacondas can handle the loads labeled for the Ruger. When those loads were developed and first printed the Anaconda didn't exist.
I have had mine since the early 90's (right after they came out) and haven't had any problems with it. I have seen some posts of internal pins shearing if shot constantly with heavy 325 grain loads, but they were very few in number. You just don't see or hear a lot about problems with the Anaconda.
I have seen highly polished .44mag Anacondas, but not .45 Colt models. It may be a special order like a Lew Horton or if you didn't buy it new then it's previous owner may have polished it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts