Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most used or best brass for 45 Colt? I have 50 Winchester cases, that I bought years ago. Winchester has a good reputation among M14 reloaders. Don't know about Single Action Army's. I need to but some more. I have 250 of 255 grain SWC's that I need to shoot.

Thanks for your help,
under1moa

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Well…. I’m reminded of a bag of once-fired 45 ACP I bought at a LGS a few years ago…. Bag had mixed brass, some name brands and a few I didn’t recognize with primer holes that were not centered! So, buyer beware and the more well known brands, especially Starline, are my preference…

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
A friend ordered a large batch of Starline a few years ago when it was available after that shortage and noticed the first time he sized it ( I would have just loaded new brass without sizing if it chambered) it took more force, after it was shot and resized a second time, less effort. It’s probably the most used brass for cowboy action. I am using Winchester from years past just because I had a good supply when I started cowboy action and it’s what I still have.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just loaded up 300 new Starline brass in 45 colt last Thursday. But only because that is what I found when I was buying brass. Got a good price online at $32 a hundred, Bought 300. I load Federal, Fiocchi, and Winchester brass for other calibers because that is what was available when I was buying. The new Starline was a little stiff going into my Dillon from new. Now thats its once fired it goes in fine. Any quality brass will work. I do prefer Winchester or Starline. No matter what brass you choose you will get a bunch of times reloading them before they start to crack. I have Winchester 45ACP brass I'm still loading that I know has been reloaded over 10 times with no cracks yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts