Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Hi twaits,

I agree...it is too good to chop.

I have gotten fond of the stubby old .455 Cartridge...and it does not seem oddball to me anymore now.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Very tempting. I wonder how the mechanics are. I never trust descriptions of old Colt action mechanics unless I know the person describing them knows his way around these guns.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've bought several Colts from this seller, and will vouch for his honesty. He knows his guns. I've got a New Service in .455 Eley. It came with many boxes of ammo that had been professionaly loaded somewhere in Texas I believe.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've bought several Colts from this seller, and will vouch for his honesty. He knows his guns. I've got a New Service in .455 Eley. It came with many boxes of ammo that had been professionaly loaded somewhere in Texas I believe.
If the seller is Glen from Whitefield Maine I can vouch for his honesty too. I think there might be two GB sellers from Whitefield. Glen used to go by Eastern Branch Firearms so I don't know if he changed the name or not.

He's also got this Merwin Hulbert I've been drooling over which I think is priced right. But even so I can't afford a $2000 gun right now:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=284795071

I love that its a well worn engraved gun that obviously saw a lot of use. But looks like it was well cared for. Probably saved someones ass a few times in it's day.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
[quote twaits] "If the seller is Glen from Whitefield Maine I can vouch for his honesty too. I think there might be two GB sellers from Whitefield. Glen used to go by Eastern Branch Firearms so I don't know if he changed the name or not. [END QUOTE]

Well, we shall see..............

rayb

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote twaits] "If the seller is Glen from Whitefield Maine I can vouch for his honesty too. I think there might be two GB sellers from Whitefield. Glen used to go by Eastern Branch Firearms so I don't know if he changed the name or not. [END QUOTE]

Well, we shall see..............

rayb
Are you the winner? It looks like it sold for $419. I think that was a really good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Are you the winner? It looks like it sold for $419. I think that was a really good deal.
and the ammunition has been ordered. ;)

rayb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts