Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings to all and merry christmas , checking thr value of a ww1 era colt new servise .455 , hard rubber grips ,straight (no bloster where the barrel screws into the frame )7.5 in barrel in about 88 to 92 % oringial finish , good bore no pitting , but should polish up brighter after a few rounds and cleaning , please advise rj

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
rj; does the gun have any British markings or proofs? I doubt that it was a military issue New Service,as the 55,000 approx made for the British Govt. in W.W. I were all 5.5" bbls.You did not give the serial # range,and if it is an early one,with the stepped trigger guard,generally under 21,000 # range,it is worth more. Is the gun .455.or has it been coverted to either .45 Colt or .45 acp? If it is a TARGET model,with the factory original sights,double the $750 (+ or -) figure I am giving withoit seeing the piece or knowing more. Good Luck,and "originality" counts heavy with us lovers of "the big guy"! Bud

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi bud , no its a standard commerical model , except for the 7.5 inch barrel ,and not a stepped trigger guard . its the pre ww1 model (just before the war 1913 or so )for lack of a better term will try and get a serial number , seems in really good shape , trying to get a ball park price so i am not created and i also donnot cheat the man who owns it either , please advie roj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts