Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the odd question for the 'smiths out there:
How about taking a less-than-perfect .45 Anaconda and cutting the back of the cylinder to get a .45ACP shooter? Sort of a New New Service Shooting Master?
Always looking for one more .45 Auto gun, you know. My Mk VI Webley needs a break from USPSA matches from time to time.
Bill

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
here`s a thought, buy an EXTRA cyl and do your modification to it and have a convertible .45 colt and acp gun. if you can find a reputable smith let us know, i would not mind have a setup like that myself.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Go halfway down on this page:

http://www.pinnacle-guns.com/revolver.php

and look at the moonclip conversion. You can fire .45 ACPs loaded in full moon clips (no half moons or .45 Auto Rims) in your .45 Colt chambered gun. You can still shoot .45 Colt, and best of all, you only send the cylinder, not the complete revolver. Much cheaper shipping.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
here`s a thought, buy an EXTRA cyl and do your modification to it and have a convertible .45 colt and acp gun. if you can find a reputable smith let us know, i would not mind have a setup like that myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good advice. Anacondas are already too expensive to butcher up, even if nicely done. While a 45acp conversion would probably lessen the future value, a professionally fitted second cylinder could only increase the value since it's already a shooter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts