Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our "Hartford Canoe Club" custom SAAs came in a few weeks ago and I published a story on that here. The full royal blue gun was crying out for ivory, so after running a few cylinders of .45ACP thru it, I sent it off to Jim at Nutmeg for one piece ivories. Had the gun back in under 10 days. Note the nice caramel coloring in the ivory.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

This picture sows the beautiful finish, the club logo, the wide spur hammer, and the outstanding work of Nutmeg Sports.
Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Serial number is 1 HCC

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
THAT IS A PEACH OF A FINE LOOKING COLT SAA !! Mine is a 45ACP/45COLT convertible with beautiful stag stocks and they'd make a fine brace of 45ACP SA sixguns I kid you not.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
THE 45ACP CARTRIDGE DROPS IN and headspaces on it's mouth at the front of the chamber exactly as they are supposed to do in an autoloading pistol.....but do NOT bet the ranch on it in any 1911/1911A1 style pistol.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Those ivories are absolutely beautiful and especially the caramel shading. I am anxiously awaiting to receive my next set back from Nutmeg. Again, a very nice SAA.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had Jim do an action job also, which is excellent, as this gun will be shot. The wide hammer and tuned action are a great combination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.