Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Quiet as a closed Church here in Downtown Las Vegas to-day...

Last night was some Fireworks and 'Booms' and so on, but, so far, just very serene, still and no sounds whatever to-day.

Fine with me!

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
That reminds me of one morning about three years ago on January 04 I think it was where all the puddles from the night before was frozen solid, and the huge area at New York, New York where they fire-boats are on display and usually spraying their hoses. Only that morning, they had already drained all the water out of the "river" and they were sitting high and dry as they say.

That was the coldest year I'd ever seen in Las Vegas.

Coming again this October and I'm hoping it'll be a bit warmer than that day.

Cheers Oyeboten, and a Happy 4th. of July to everyone.

Bud

Quiet as a closed Church here in Downtown Las Vegas to-day...

Last night was some Fireworks and 'Booms' and so on, but, so far, just very serene, still and no sounds whatever to-day.

Fine with me!

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Computer Time-n-Temp says "112" as we speak...

Guess it cooled off a little!

My old Building Downtown, on 4th of July, I used to take the old Springfield 'Trapdoor' .45-70 out into the Parking Lot, and shoot the side of the Building with one round, as my contribution to the general Fireworks sort of thing.

Building was Grouted Cinderblock, built 1952, so, none of the 450 Grain Lead Bullets ever did more than mushroom out on the Concrete 'core' inside the candidate Block.

Well, I dunno, as time went on I felt kind of shy about doing that anymore, so, I left off with it and have not done it in quite a while now.

I thought about buying a Sparkler, but, I procrastinated and now I do not feel like driving anywhere to get one.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Had a good fourth, wife and I saw the "Lone Ranger", had a hot dog for dinner, walked to the park had ice cream and watched the fireworks. Police car drove by and I thought that is one of the things that makes all this possible. A good day to be an American!

Jim

·
Registered
111 Posts
The same to you! And 'Thank You Veterans' for keeping us free and safe from the first Independence Day on!
Thanks to all our current Serving members in all Armed Services (including USCG - LOL, I was USN) for continuing our collective safety. GOD bless all: past, present and future Service women and men!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts