Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5\" blue & nickel Official Police revs. w/ holster

Here's a pair of 5" Official Police revolvers from the early to mid 1950's.The nickel revolver came with it's original box.The holster was made by Clark Holster of Los Angeles,Ca.;they subsequently were acquired by Bucheimer.This spring holster was a new design in the 1940's & '50's & was favored by plaincothes & uniformed officers alike.Hand carved examples are hard to come by.
Regards,
John Witty
turnerriver

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: 5\" blue & nickel Official Police revs. w/ holster

I am not into holsters, but I like that nickel Colt. Nice.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: 5\" blue & nickel Official Police revs. w/ hols

Very nice display John. I would be proud to own any of the pictured items. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Re: 5\" blue & nickel Official Police revs. w/ hols

Having a "few" Official Polices(as well as other E Frame models),Nickled O.P.s,especially post war are fairly scarce. Great looking guns(and they shoot even better!-and you don't have to "spare the powder",as you do with S&W K frames of the same,and earlier vintage.

Not a holster lover either,but I do you use an English "Jackass model" to carry my 5" S&W M-610. recently have been buying up Audley-Folsom holsters,with the spring tab to hold the gun,by being inside the trigger guard. Passed on a couple of Berns & martins at a show over the w/e as the clips had lost a lot of tension in 1/2 century-and didn't want a nice New Service Colt,or pre war N frame "falling out".

Holsters have ruined the finish on more guns,by the owners using them for long(and wrong!) term storage!! Plus,as a pal I served with in Vietnam,who had "Mob Connections",in N.J.used to preach; "Just one more ting ya gotta dump,so da cops can't trace ya!!"

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts