Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 5 inch anaconda 44 magnum.I have a chance at a 4 inch anaconda in 45 colt.May ask what is approximate value of a 45 colt anaconda with original grips and box in test fired shape?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
If NIB I'd say the 5" .45 Anaconda would bring $4k-$6k minimum...depending on selling venue. They are exceedingly hard to find. I'd say the 4" version is downright common in comparison.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Agree with Snidely on the 5”. I would put it in the $5k-6k ballpark. The 4” is common in .45, not in .45. Those get $3,500-$4,500 depending on completeness and condition.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I thought the Realtree Anaconda was painted stainless...
Vic

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think the most important question here that hasn’t been answered. Is this 5” Anaconda in the 45LC caliber? If so please post a pic. I’ve never seen one and I honestly don’t think they exist but if they do I would love to see it. Thanks

Edit: I see where the OP edited his original post as a 5” Anaconda in 44mag. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I think the most important question here that hasn’t been answered. Is this 5” Anaconda in the 45LC caliber? If so please post a pic. I’ve never seen one and I honestly don’t think they exist but if they do I would love to see it. Thanks
It is in the book.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Too many books with wrong or incorrect information regarding made Colts out there. I’d just like to see one to satisfy my own curiosity.
Common assumption is that 5” .45 Colt doesn’t exist. However, since I’ve seen a factory Anaconda snub nose a couple years ago (done as special order), I think other unicorns might be out there.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Yes that snubby was quite impressive. I would not even consider a trade on the 4 inch 45. I’ve saw a few of them in person, with the opportunity to buy a couple reasonable. I haven’t even gotten a sniff of a 5 incher in all my travels.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I saw a 5" .45 Anaconda in the later '90s at a gun store by Ft. Meade in MD. It was in a display case because even then the store knew it was special. I was there for work qualifying armed employees of a guard company for a government contract. I don't remember the asking price...probably whatever the MSRP was at the time as Anacondas were still a production item.

I had to pass up the revolver as I was going through a divorce and didn't have any discretionary money...but looking back at it I should have found the money to buy it. Who knew at the time what was going to happen with the values? I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with my 4" .45 Anaconda.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Just made me drool^^^.... I honestly believe 10k would be a deal on that piece! I’d guestimate that a 18-20k piece! That may be a deal too. That’s a piece of the colt world few ever see. I could only imagine if the barrel was a 1/4” longer.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Blackcar I would edit out your home address on your post. With as valuable as that snake is you don’t want any “undesirables” to know where to find it!!

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I was referred to by some political hack as a "Deplorable" which is a name I wear with pride...but an "Undesirable"...don't think you'll find any here.

But the point is well taken.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts