Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks....made from 1914-1932

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you still had the bayonet it probably would be banned! ;) Good story and the best thing is you still have your dad.
Thanks, he's a tough old fart.

Not many of these guys left any more. When he was in his mid-20's he was running down a checklist and lighting off four Wright Cyclones.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Hi Doc;

Boy, this post had me fooled all the way through and it really shows how some of us are deeply set in our minds when it comes to our guns. Here I am reading this post about your dad and his Daisy BB Gun, and when I got to the end, I'm sitting here scratching my head trying like mad to form a picture in my mind of your dad, leaning over his Colt Walker trying to shoot a squirrel.

There's a lot of "dim" people in this world and I think I could be their leader.

Bud

Ha! Will do.

Not long ago I saw him in his front door, leaning over his walker trying to shoot a squirrel with it. :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Doc;

Boy, this post had me fooled all the way through and it really shows how some of us are deeply set in our minds when it comes to our guns. Here I am reading this post about your dad and his Daisy BB Gun, and when I got to the end, I'm sitting here scratching my head trying like mad to form a picture in my mind of your dad, leaning over his Colt Walker trying to shoot a squirrel.

There's a lot of "dim" people in this world and I think I could be their leader.

Bud
hahaha...I thought about that when I typed "walker"!

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
Your thread got me to thinking that something similar would be a great keepsake for my grandson that is 6 months old. Apparently Ebay won't allow BB guns because I can't find any of them on there but it appears every now and then one is listed on GB and GA but so far the ones that have been listed haven't had the bayonet or sling on them. I'll keep up with the search!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your thread got me to thinking that something similar would be a great keepsake for my grandson that is 6 months old. Apparently Ebay won't allow BB guns because I can't find any of them on there but it appears every now and then one is listed on GB and GA but so far the ones that have been listed haven't had the bayonet or sling on them. I'll keep up with the search!
VERY much appreciated

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Tell your Dad that we all thank him for his service to our country. Hope you have made it a point to ask him to revisit some of the amazing experiences he no doubt can recall. Those will be priceless memories someday.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Not many of these guys left any more. When he was in his mid-20's he was running down a checklist and lighting off four Wright Cyclones.
Doc, the only thing 92 about himm is his body. Eyes are as alert and sharp as when he was firing up those psitons. Cracked me up about him trying to get the drop on the squirrel. Be willing to betcha he ain't got no reback in his gittyup. Thank him for his service. Long life and joy to him. Take care. Now go and get him something to lean that Daisy on whiile he gets a bead on that squirrel. !!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks

Had coffee with him this morning.

Now I'm telling his stories back to him...the same ones he told me all his life.

Often during a story I see his eyes light up and he'll add something that's come back to him, like: "That d**** engineer told me that prop controller was due for a rebuild. He should've told me that before I took off and had to put it down in short pasture!". :)

·
Registered
94 Posts

Thank God for that "tough old fart"
They don't make em like that anymore.
God bless you for your service to our country.

·
Registered
758 Posts

Great thread Doc, and what a great story......Thanks, and tell that tough old bird......THANKS for his service and I hope he has many more birthdays ahead...

·
Registered
15 Posts
These are the kind of stories I LOVE to read about. Congrats to you and your dad. I'm sure those Cyclones found a "home" thanks in part to that Daisy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts