Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 6\" 38spec Diamondback

A lot will depend on where the revolver is located. On the East Coast I would look to pay around $500 as the .38 models are more available and cheaper. On the West Coast I see they are adding $150+ to the price tag.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 05-22-2005).]

·
Registered
170 Posts
6\" 38spec Diamondback

What should one expect to pay for blue and nickel 6" 38 spec DB's in 100% with no box and NIB perfect.And for anyone who thinks I am price shopping I but i do not sell.When I get one it is gone for good until my estate auctions it off.

·
Registered
794 Posts

I'm curious bighornhunter, have you actually seen a 6" nickel DB in 38 Special?

Most of us have seen the 6" nickel 22 and a 6" blued 38 Spec. And even 4" nickel DB in 38 Spec. But I for one, have never seen a nickel 6" DB in 38 Spec.

Does anyone here have a 6" nickel 38 DB?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

WS23, to answer your question, not I.

·
Registered
170 Posts

No I have never seen one.There is a beautiful picture of one in either the 85 or 86 colt brochure.I for one wonder if they exist.Possibly in a renickeled version maybe?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

6" Nickel-38spl Diamondback: Now that is a real question! I have always been much more interested in the 22 versions that I took it for granted that there were 6"-Nickel 38sp. Diamondbacks. I spent some time looking at my reference materials (other than catalogs) and came up with a blank. I can not honestly say that I have ever seen one in the flesh. Will have to keep that little tidbit tucked in the back of my brain for the future.

·
Registered
794 Posts

I don't know that the 6" nickel DB actually exists. I've had my eye out for one for a long time. However, I had always assumed they did not exist. And if our 2 most knowledgeable DB guys, diamondback68 and 22-rimfire don't have one or have never seen or heard of one, my bet is they don't exist.

But we all know with Colt anything is possible. So I can tell you if I see one and the price is anywhere close to reasonable, and it has the capital N under the stock on the left side, it's a done deal!

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 05-23-2005).]

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Always be cautuious when you assume when comes to Colts. They were a lot like the electronic industry, they would sometimes put out brochures on a product as feeler and if enough people bit, they may then consider building some.
Just because I haven't come across one yet doesn't mean they don't exist though. We thought the same about the 2 1/2" 22LR nickel (which I don't have and thought didn't exist), but sure enough an apparent authentic one just sold recently for $4001.00. I would love to examine that one to check out it's authenticity. Alas maybe someday.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

[This message has been edited by diamonback68 (edited 05-23-2005).]

·
Registered
170 Posts

Guys:
I have searched my pictures and have what I have labeled as a Nickel 38spec 6".How do I post it.Also if someone is a better computer guy than me please try to get the writing on the barrel in focus after you help me post it.I have no idea where I got it.I will post it and you guys can judge for yourself.If memory serves me correctly it was taken from a gun for sale but I can not remember where.Help with the post or I can email it to someone who knows how to post it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

Judging from the looks of the front sight (box is blocking part of it), it appears to be a .38SPL, but only closer examination would tell.

------------------
Dick

The watchwords for all mankind are.....Liberty and Freedom.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Dback68: Do you think it is the real thing.I tried to enhance the picture to read the barrel markingds but it was to fuzzy.Need someone with good photo enhancement software.From my records I do believe it was the real thing but a second opinion would be nice.Pass the picture on to anyone who might help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts