Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.5.6 colt sporter but would like to set it up for the 6.8 spc round.
Is this possible? can I just get a new bolt and barrel? what would it take???
thanks to you all for your input!
a

·
Registered
26 Posts
Possibly the simplest solution is to acquire a 6.8 SPC upper receiver assembly, complete. Otherwise, yes, a bolt and barrel change will suffice. I would be inconvenient (really, impractical) to change back and forth from one caliber to the other.

You should also invest in magazines designed for the 6.8. Regular magazine function with 6.8 is hit-and-miss, mostly miss, or so I have been led to understand.

Regards,

Walt

·
Registered
559 Posts
My son bought a stripped lower and an upper to build a 6.8. He ordered a 6.8 BBL and the parts he wanted just before it went crazy. It has been very hard to get any parts. The BBL and parts have trickled in over the last few months. He now needs the carrier/bolt.

Thanks for the info on the magazine, I will pass it on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Big 6.8 fan here, have a lwrc and ARP in the caliber.

you are better building a complete upper or buying. Really all you need is barrel, bold, and mags. You can get more info at 68forums.com or hit me up with any questions.

c-products and PRI are the most popular mags with PRIs being pretty pricy but they function flawlessly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also run the 6.8spc.....been shooting it for several years.....I started out with an upper and then finally built up a dedicated lower......I use the regular 6.8 mag's.....PRI's have been the best of breed, but other brands work well also.....I know several guy's who have harvested deer with theirs.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts