Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
I can't get the Gunbroker site to function properly on my iPad for some reason...I'm sitting in an Amtrak train on a weekend trip so maybe it's got to do with Amtrak's wifi. But I've near seen or heard of a Viper in anything but 4". If that's genuine it might have been done by the factory as a prototype for production or a 6" barrel someone roll marked for some reason.

Still...for the kind of money being asked it's not unreasonable to expect or ask of the seller to have an archives letter to prove provenance. It's not like Colt archives letters are secret and require the secret handshake to get. The seller gets double-secret probation from me for not giving provenance and just his say-so.

Reactions: Fortibus55

·
Registered
532 Posts
Look closely at the pictures and the proportions of the cylinder vs. the barrel. I believe the barrel is only 4 inch.

·
Premium Member
3,398 Posts
It's a 4" barrel with Detective Special grips. Who know, with no letter it might not even be a legitimate Viper...

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
I can't get the photos to load but I trust the observations it's a 4" barrel. It could be a Cobra frame with a surplus Viper barrel installed for all we know. Provenance is of utmost importance here and the seller isn't providing any.

If the seller can't distinguish between 4" and 6" he's benn disappointing all but the most gullible women through his life.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Item Characteristics:
Manufacturer
Colt
Model
Viper
Barrel Length
4 inch
Caliber
.38 Spl.
Capacity
Frame Finish
Blued
Grips
Wood
UPC

GTIN

SKU

Mfg Part Number
Viper
Weight
3.00 Pounds

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Yes it’s 4 inch and I’d definitely want a letter with that gun. ^^^^^ What skilled said lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts