Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just left my local dealer , He just traded for a 6 inch Colt King Cobra.
It is in like new condition. It has the box, all the papers and the plastic insert for the cylinder.
He is selling it to me for $500.00. I thought that was a deal.
It maybe is not a deal but I think that is the going price.
I had bought one for my son some years ago and have wanted one myself.
Figure I better grab it.
Is it a deal or not?

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
i would say you did alright for a as nib gun. i looked at a kc at the last gunshow and the fellow asked me 600 with out blinking an eye.i have seen several 4 in used guns sell in the 350-450 range.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got back from looking at it again.
It really has not been shot to much at all. there is very little staining on the cylinder and hardly nothing at the cone.
It could have been cleaned up real good. But it really appears to have been taken care of well.
Everything is in the box.
I set it back. May not see another one for a while in this condition.
Besides I just like 6 inch colts real well.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
From what I've seen, the 6 inchers and 4 inchers pop up about the equal amount for sale.
I may see 4 or 5 long barrels show up and then I will see a bunch of 4 inchers show up.
I don't see any trend as to more of one than the other.
The short barrel (2.5) is a whole nudder ballgame.
The 4 & 6 inch tubes seem to bring right around that $500 mark for Clean, minty in the box versions.
Bright SS or High polished tend to bring a bit more and don't seem to be real common in my findings. They are out there, just not near as many as the standard finished SS.
Some I see will will bring as much as $100 more for the Bright polished.
Who knows, we may see these go up after everyone finds out about Colt not making DA wheelguns anymore.
If the Python goes up, the others will probably follow. Either way it should serve you well and be a good investment down the road as well.

Just my 2 pesos.
Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts