Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
1500 , needs fixing/refinish.
3500, nice no box.
5000-5500 NIB maybe.

lbaker45 known to find deals on nice examples,; not representative of most folks' price paid.:bang_wall:

·
Registered
373 Posts
A few months back I saw a 2 1/2" Python at a local pawn shop for $1495.00 ( which translates to about $500.00 is all they had in it!). The lockup and timing were spot on but the bluing was probably 60%. Also had some awful white plastic grips on it. But, with the prices of 2 1/2" guns getting ridiculous, it would be good if I could get it. However, I had just bought a pre lock S&W Model 66 4" and was strapped for cash. The lady that I deal with at the pawn shop (who I get good deals on knives that are brought in) said don't worry about it and get it off my mind because it would be gone before the end of the week (was a Tuesday I believe when I went in). It was gone the next day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ll pay $500 commission a piece to anyone how will find me subject firearm in 98% condition used no box or paperwork required for $2.5k to 3k. Lol ! PM me for my FFL info.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Just probably shot last night a concealed carry match record with my 2 1/2” python at my local indoor range. 193/200 at 50 feet. Mine is a mint 1983 model with target stocks. I was going to flip the gun until I shot it. Love how it feels and shoots. Rapid fire is 5 shots in 10 seconds when the target turns. It has to be shot double action, and I can stage the trigger just prior to breaking.
For the over 3 1/2” category, I shot my colt MKIII border patrol. 182/200. I am close but I can’t stage the trigger in double action as well as the positive lock guns.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
My Python snubby is a great revolver though I haven't shot it in a while. It loves the old "Treasury Load"...the Winchester 110 grain .38 special +P+. I know the faster rate of twist in a Python is supposed to do better with heavier bullets but these rounds it just loves.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just probably shot last night a concealed carry match record with my 2 1/2” python at my local indoor range. 193/200 at 50 feet. Mine is a mint 1983 model with target stocks. I was going to flip the gun until I shot it. Love how it feels and shoots. Rapid fire is 5 shots in 10 seconds when the target turns. It has to be shot double action, and I can stage the trigger just prior to breaking.
For the over 3 1/2” category, I shot my colt MKIII border patrol. 182/200. I am close but I can’t stage the trigger in double action as well as the positive lock guns.
Good shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
A few weeks ago a passed on a 70s 2.5 blue in around 99% condition, no box for $3300 I believe it was. This guy doesn’t negotiate. I haven’t kept up with them lately but I thought that was all it’s worth. Be hard for me to pay that when even 4-5 years a mint 2.5 blue no box was 1500, nib was 2000-2500. That 2500, the box even had to be new looking. I think its all gotten a little absurd and everyone knows I loved the snakes. The diamondbacks are probably the ones to buy, half as many made as the python. Best I remember about 350,000 total compare to over 700,000 python total. When I first started collecting pythons, a nib 22 DB would bring as much as same variation blue python. The nickel 22s and the 2.5 blue 22 were Higher than the same in python. It’s just money tho, they print it everyday of the week lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
a few weeks ago a passed on a 70s 2.5 blue in around 99% condition, no box for $3300 i believe it was. This guy doesn’t negotiate. I haven’t kept up with them lately but i thought that was all it’s worth. Be hard for me to pay that when even 4-5 years a mint 2.5 blue no box was 1500, nib was 2000-2500. That 2500, the box even had to be new looking. I think its all gotten a little absurd and everyone knows i loved the snakes. The diamondbacks are probably the ones to buy, half as many made as the python. Best i remember about 350,000 total compare to over 700,000 python total. When i first started collecting pythons, a nib 22 db would bring as much as same variation blue python. The nickel 22s and the 2.5 blue 22 were higher than the same in python. It’s just money tho, they print it everyday of the week lol.
blue book of gun values has the 2.5 inch 1963 t0 1968 at 4275.00

1 - 20 of 22 Posts