·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made a two click adjustment when one would've put it right on the money :eek:

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Well for Pete's sake Doc, you have a SCOPE on it!

Of course it is a nice Target!

( Just joshin' ya...)

Nice!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I tried a scope, a Leupold 2X, but the dot danced like Sing Along With Mitch.

So, I went with that unmagnified red dot. It still dances but nothing like the scope.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Thanks for posting. I always like to see the targets and the range and the load as you have shown.
I have a 629 that also had a red dot scope on it. I think 50 yards is a good distance to sight it in. For deer hunting,thats about as far as id shoot with the handgun. I can't remember what the trajectory was at different ranges. If sighted dead on at 50 yards,where it hit at 20 yards,etc. its been awhile since shot it.
I was going to use mine for hunting but only carried it a couple times when was making a drive for someone. I decided it was just more practical to carry one of my short barreled rifles. The rifle was actualy easier to carry,quicker to get on a deer with it, and of course way more accurate and at longer distance.
I took the red dot sight off recently as it just made the gun too bulky.
If i ever get a hankering again to hunt with the 44 mag, I will put the red dot scope on it again and just use the gun on stand,so it is more practical.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stocks are cheap Jay Scott copies of, I think, Herrett targets.

rail is by Warne, but their sight radius is too short...thus the custom front blade
Maxima Multi-Sight System

Now I can use the same load, trigger, stocks in both irons and optics class

1 - 6 of 6 Posts