Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into purchasing either a 6920 or 6940 and wanted to know which direction casings eject. I had a bushmaster that ejected them backward which ended up hitting me in the cheek often as I am left handed. Do the colts eject in the same manner or is there any way to change the direction they are ejected by changing the extractor? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
My 6920 usually ejects spent casings against the case deflector giving it about a 2:00-3:00 ejection pattern. I also do some weakhand drills during my range outtings and have never experienced a casing to the face from my 6920.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My 6920 ejecst to the right. never had 1 hit me in the face or head. But they did hit the guy in the next bench lol.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Since the introduction of the shell deflector, you shouldn't have a problem. When I was in basic, back in the dim mists of time, we were using M16s or M16A1s. Lefties were counseled to button their top button, and they tried to give the southpaws Hydra-matic rifles b/c they reputedly ejected more to the front than the Colts.
Moon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts