Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located a Colt 6951 new in box. What is the going rate for these? He has it priced at $1599. I believe I can get it for $1500 out the door. I am thinking very serious about going back and picking it up. What is your thoughts are they worth it?

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
Considering the lunacy going on in the country right now $1500 is not out of line. It is an awesome carbine and somewhat hard to find. For fun shooting and home defense a pistol caliber carbine may make more sense than a rifle caliber. I zeroed my with 9mm +P+ ammunition and it's extremely accurate and eminently controllable.

·
Registered
587 Posts
FWIW so people know Colt made a nice shipment of long guns (AR's) a little over a week ago to the distributers. You should start seeing them about now. :)

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
That price seems pretty decent, considering where we are at currently in society. They are fantastic shooters, very accurate, reliable and fun. If you do pick one up, start grabbing quality magazines now - a few more than you think you'll want. You'll always be able to flip them if you want. Obviously the factory Colt mags are great but, you'll also pay dearly for them. I've found for normal usage, the Brownell's branded magazines work perfectly, at half the price.

Be sure to post back if you do get it!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
link??? where is the proof in the pudding :sneaky:o_O:cautious:
[/Q

There is no link, Its located in a gun shop. I don't think he even has a web sight, just a good ole gun shop! I wil try to post some pictures tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I second the mags. I'd add that I like the ten and twenty rounders as well. And a Maglula loader...your thumb will thank you.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Located a Colt 6951 new in box. What is the going rate for these? He has it priced at $1599. I believe I can get it for $1500 out the door. I am thinking very serious about going back and picking it up. What is your thoughts are they worth it?
Here is another undefined number 56565.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Considering that Colt AR are in current short supply, actually most all firearms are mostly gone from gun shops lately, also ammo are hard to find.

That's not a bad price, I've seen a lot of sellers asking over $2K, but don't really know if they could sell it for that high price.

If I am in the market for a 6951 carbine I would get it for sure.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Rarely do you see a 6951 for sale. At least not up here in Maine! Good luck with it sir!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
mine is an older one @ 10k less on serial numbers LTA 002xxx it also has the law enforcement /military logo on the right side stampings. got mine in the mid 90's

1 - 17 of 17 Posts